I recently made a review about the AnyCast M2 Plus Dongle here and also made a Step by Step tutorial on how to Install and Set it up here.
And when I was about to finish the tutorial I got an Anycast firmware upgrade option on the setup page.
Should you upgrade? The short answer is No.
This is how the new screen will look like after the Anycast m2 plus firmware update
Reasons why you shouldn’t upgrade to the new Anycast firmware update version: 16395000
- There’s no significant additional functionality
- I felt like it was just for the promotion of the new app ezmira but the app is new and the streaming contents are limited. better to stick with imediashare and flipps tv which I recommended on the setup tutorial.
- There’s a possibility of having an issue of the Anycast not connecting to wifi as reported by some users.
With all that being said, If you still want to proceed on upgrading the Anycast firmware, here’s how:
Basically, on the new firmware, Airplay is for streaming and Miracast is for screen mirroring. Toggle between modes using the switch at the side of your Anycast M2 Plus Dongle
Personally, I upgraded mine to the new firmware just to test it out if there’s anything new and to provide you guys with an update. Hopefully this article would help you decide whether to upgrade your firmware or not. Cheers!
How to setup the Anycast M2 Plus Dongle – Step by Step tutorial with Demo
Anycast M2 Plus Dongle Q&A – Problems and Solutions
WHERE TO BUY:
- I searched for the highest amount of ratings and good feedback from buyers
- Price may vary depending on existing promos
- The views and opinions on this review are solely based from my own personal experience, your results may vary